Сайт Форум Фото-галерея Энциклопедия Клуб Партнеры Контакты   RSS

Вернуться   Международный мотоклуб YAMAHA YBR 125, YBR 250 > Основной раздел > Аварии, падения, аварийные ситуации
Регистрация FAQ Пользователи Поиск Сообщения за день Все разделы прочитаны

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 20.04.2014, 23:55   #1
Wesley DRZ400
Новичок

Мото: SuzukiDRZ400, I Call her the Sputnik Explorer

Lucky fall due to instant front flat type

Hello fellows

Maybe some people run tubeless tires or maybe run inner tubes

Well before i always took off locking nut on tubed tire as if you get a puncture it will not rip the valve off as the valve will get pulled inside of the tire

Well i forgot on a short ride and as i was riding in country side the tire must of got a slow puncture which i would off felt as it slowly went down but valve ripped off and tire went instantly flat.

This effects extra thick inner tube's and is common problem so if you ever run extra thick inner tubes unscrew locking nut on wheel so valve will not rip off and puncture

Lucky this was on soft grass and not on road doing 70mph as instant puncture tire blow out due to valve ripping out would be big problem

here is the nut you should take off and out in rubbish bin as not needed

Lucky this happened at low speed on country side grass

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=934709
Wesley DRZ400 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.04.2014, 09:33   #2
Magrohman
Пользователь

Мото: Yamaha YBR'06,Yamaha YBR'12,Yamaha XJ 600 S+YBR'12

Жесть! И это с реально толстенной камерой "MEFO"??
Оффтоп, но... Как твои успехи в изучении русского? Ты ведь понял о чем я?
Magrohman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.04.2014, 12:38   #3
evil_laugh
Пользователь

Мото: Yamaha YBR-125

Yeah, I do use a tubeless tire on tube type front rim. And my rear wheel has a tube type tire with a tube inside, too.

Once I was driving in the outskirts and got my REAR tire instantly flat, in about 3 seconds. No pleasant feelings, I should admit The speed was about 30-40 mph. After getting to the repair shop (God, that was a problem in the middle of the night!), it turned out that there was a tear in the tube about 20 mm long. It seems to me that there had been a small puncture from something like a nail, and then the air started getting out too fast and simply ripped the tire like an air balloon. The air valve, however, stayed in place, despite the fact it was locked tightly with a nut. The tube was not "extra thick", but I bought it as "thicker than standard" Threw it away and utilized a cheap Chinese tube, later got another puncture to it - no problem, just a small hole.

The tube type rims suck, I should say. Getting a puncture is always a big, big problem, especially when you are miles and miles away from the civilization If you ask me - I still haven't managed to learn how to disassemble a wheel without damaging a rim or a tube. Can't imagine what to do if I ever get a flat far from home.
evil_laugh вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.04.2014, 13:45   #4
Ingvar2
Пользователь

Мото: Jialing 250-gy5, Jianshe JS125-4х

Цитата:
Сообщение от evil_laugh Посмотреть сообщение
Can't imagine what to do if I ever get a flat far from home.
Main rule :

If I go a far way from home, always take a spare inner tube and pump and forget about all your fears.

Старый 21.04.2014, 13:58   #5
Olegator
Пользователь

Мото: KLE-500

Men, you say scary things. I'm running both wheels with tubes and you gonna say this is DANGEROUS???
Olegator вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.04.2014, 14:03   #6
evil_laugh
Пользователь

Мото: Yamaha YBR-125

Цитата:
Сообщение от Ingvar2 Посмотреть сообщение
Main rule :

If I go a far way from home, always take a spare inner tube and pump and forget about all your fears.
Hey chum, you're damn right, but a bit inattentive Personally for me, taking a spare tube and a pump is not a problem. The problem is here:
Цитата:
If you ask me - I still haven't managed to learn how to disassemble a wheel without damaging a rim or a tube.
I once tried to disassemble a wheel of my Volga GAZ-24 car after I had got two (!) punctured wheels at the same time, while I had only one spare in the trunk. Well, I've succeeded - the wheel was disasembled using two shovels, a jack + the car itself as a weight to get the hardly stick tire off the rim, and a whole lot of bad words. However, the repaired tire didn't last much long so that I didn't even make it to the garage, but this is another sad story

But, you know, the Volga car and a motorcycle are definitely not the same. You can't use a shovel and a jack to disassemble the motorcycle wheel - it'll surely be cracked or severely damaged. That's why I still go to the repair shop if I get my bike wheel punctured. And this sucks, because I can do almost everything, from totally repairing the engine to welding and metalworks, and at the same time I can't disassemble a bike wheel!

Цитата:
Сообщение от Olegator Посмотреть сообщение
Men, you say scary things. I'm running both wheels with tubes and you gonna say this is DANGEROUS???
This is definitely more dangerous than running tubeless tires. The TLs don't instantly blow up, as a rule. And repairing the TL tire is a lot more comfortable and fast. I once got a 100 mm nail stuck in my YBR TL wheel, and I kept driving for ~ 10 miles to the nearest repair shop where I gave $5 and in 10 minutes my wheel was ready to go without even getting it off the bike. See the difference And that's not to mention the screw, which got stuck in the same tire a bit later and I didn't even notice it until it was time to change the tire due to natural wear. The screw's cap was totally grinded off, however the tire kept good pressure.

Последний раз редактировалось evil_laugh, 21.04.2014 в 14:13.
evil_laugh вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.04.2014, 14:08   #7
Veis
Заблокирован

Мото: RC150GY ТМЗ 5.952.xxx

More than 1 rimlocks, and never lock nipple nut to rim - is enough choice for offroad, why not?

Последний раз редактировалось Veis, 21.04.2014 в 14:27.
Veis вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 21.04.2014, 14:22   #8
Wesley DRZ400
Новичок

Цитата:
Сообщение от Olegator Посмотреть сообщение
Undo the nut on the outside of the rim and put to the rubbish bin, if you get a slow flat then worst case the valve will get pulled in slightly rather than rip straight off due to the nut holding it firm on the wheel.

I meet a British man in the Georgia mountains who gave me all kinds of tips like this as he has been riding all his life alone

Every year he goes on trips and he crossed Russian when it was CCCP in the early 80's

He went to former Yugoslavia and all other places amazing places in amazing times

Turkey 1985

He advise this as he had problems before with valves ripping off with extra thick tubes so after he took nut off he never have problems

Yes i also advise to take spare tubes, not sure what size wheels you have but a 18" rear tube will fit a 21" front wheel, so if you only take one take the smaller one as it will fit if it stretches

i took both front and back spare tube on my trip and said to myself if i get a puncture i will change the tube first and deal with patching it up later when i stop at night

I was very lucky as only one puncture on whole route and that was due to a 6" thin metal bar that wrapped around wheel on rear tire but mefo rear Tyre is so thick walled i did not know i had it and when i did i pulled the metal out and rode a few km's to village i saw as was in remote area Kyrgyzstan.

Well when i stopped in village they refused for me to fix the wheel

Старый 21.04.2014, 14:35   #9
Wesley DRZ400
Новичок

Цитата:
Сообщение от evil_laugh Посмотреть сообщение
This is definitely more dangerous than running tubeless tires. The TLs don't instantly blow up, as a rule. And repairing the TL tire is a lot more comfortable and fast. I once got a 100 mm nail stuck in my YBR TL wheel, and I kept driving for ~ 10 miles to the nearest repair shop where I gave $5 and in 10 minutes my wheel was ready to go without even getting it off the bike. See the difference And that's not to mention the screw, which got stuck in the same tire a bit later and I didn't even notice it until it was time to change the tire due to natural wear. The screw's cap was totally grinded off, however the tire kept good pressure.
Yes but tubeless has downfalls also, i meet Spanish guy in Kazakhstan on very remote route and he smashed rim so would not hold air and he had to pump it up very often due to this damage rim.

If you run just tubeless and travel remote and far maybe take one tube to be safe if you was to damage rim.

He wanted to go to Mongolia as his dream but due to damage rim he turned back and then after a weld job on rim decided to head home

Старый 21.04.2014, 14:56   #10
Ingvar2
Пользователь

Мото: Jialing 250-gy5, Jianshe JS125-4х

For information - inner tube of Russian manufacturing has no nut on the nipple, but, to install it should drill out hole of rim because nipple is larger.